Term and Conditions
I. General information
(1) Papersums (in pre founded state) as Dr. Nirav Florian Chhabra and Kevin Gallas Mayer, Fraunhoferstraße 10, 80469 München (hereinafter referred to as "Papersums") provides a platform via the website "Papersums" and on www.papersums.com (hereinafter referred to as "the Portal" or "the Platform"), via which duly registered participants can upload their own summaries and papers (hereinafter referred to as "Content") and publish them on the Portal. For this purpose, the participants can create individual personal profiles, upload the content to the portal and use the other currently available services within the scope of the respective availability.
II. Registration for use, handling of access data
§ 3 Authorization to register
(1) The use of the services available on the portal requires your registration as a participant. There is no right to use the services. Papersums is entitled to reject applications for use without giving reasons.
(2) THE SERVICE IS NOT INTENDED FOR PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 13 OR FOR USERS WHO HAVE BEEN EXCLUDED BY PAPERSUMS OR BY LAW FROM USING THE SERVICE. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, YOU MAY NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SERVICE AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. By accessing or using the service, you confirm that you are either at least 18 years of age or authorised to use the service with the prior consent of a parent or legal guardian. In the case of a legal entity, the registration must be made by a natural person with unlimited legal capacity and power of representation.
§ 4 Your registration on the portal
(1) Registration for the portal is free of charge.
(2) The contact data and other details requested by Papersums during the registration process must be provided by you completely and correctly. When registering a legal entity, the natural person authorized to represent must also be specified.
§ 5 Responsibility for access data
(1) Registration shall be effected by entering the email address and a password. You can use this data to log in to the portal after the platform has activated and confirmed your access.
(2) You must keep the respective access data secret and not make it accessible to unauthorised third parties.
(3) It is also your responsibility to ensure that your access to the portal and the use of the services available on the portal is exclusively by you or by persons authorized by you. If it is to be feared that unauthorized third parties have gained or will gain knowledge of your access data, Papersums must be informed immediately.
You are liable for any use and/or other activity carried out under your access data in accordance with the statutory provisions.
§ 6 Updating the participant data
You are obliged to keep your data (including your contact details) up to date. If the data provided changes during the period of your use, you must immediately correct the data in your personal settings on the portal. If you are unable to do so, please inform us of your changed data immediately by e-mail.
§ 7 Termination of use
(1) You can cancel your access at any time declaring the deletion of your account off the portal via an email to email@example.com from within the registered email address.
(2) The contractual relationship ends when the termination takes effect and you may no longer use your access. Papersums reserves the right to block the user name as well as the email address when the termination takes effect.
(3) Papersums is entitled to irretrievably delete all data created within the scope of your use at the end of 30 calendar days or earlier after the termination becomes effective and after any statutory retention periods have expired.
III. Services and contents on the portal
§ 8 Range of services and availability of services
(1) Papersums provides you with various information and other services on the portal for temporary use. Such services are in particular the uploading and thus the publication of the contents via the portal, the possibility to create individual profiles and to get in contact with other participants by writing personal messages.
The content and scope of the services are determined by the respective contractual agreements, otherwise by the functionalities currently available on the portal.
(3) A claim to the use of the services available on the portal exists only within the framework of the technical and operational possibilities of Papersums. Papersums strives for an uninterrupted usability of its services. However, temporary restrictions or interruptions may occur due to technical malfunctions (e.g. interruption of the power supply, hardware and software errors, technical problems in the data lines).
§ 9 Changes to Services
Papersums is entitled at any time to change services provided free of charge on the portal and to discontinue the provision of free of charge services.
§ 10 Protection of Content, Responsibility for Third Party Content
(2) The content available on the Portal is partly from Papersums and partly from other participants or other third parties. Contents of the participants as well as other third parties are hereinafter collectively referred to as "third party contents". Papersums does not check third-party content for completeness, correctness and legality and therefore assumes no responsibility or warranty for the completeness, correctness, legality and timeliness of the third-party content. This also applies with regard to the quality of the third-party content and its suitability for a specific purpose, and also insofar as third-party content is concerned on linked external websites.
IV. Use of the services on Papersums by you
§ 11 Scope of permitted use, monitoring of use activities
(2) You are responsible for creating the technical prerequisites (e.g. access to the Internet) necessary for the contractual use of the services in your area of responsibility. Papersums does not owe you any support in this respect.
§ 12 Creation of User Profiles
(2) As a rule, Papersums does not verify the identity of the profile owner and the information in the profiles. Therefore, Papersums does not guarantee that each profile owner is the person the profile owner claims to be.
§ 13 Posting of own contents by you
(1) Insofar as functionality is available on the portal, you may upload content to the portal and make it available to third parties in accordance with the following regulations.
(2) By uploading content, you grant Papersums a free and transferable right of use to the respective content, in particular
- for the storage of the contents, as well as their publication, in particular their public accessibility (e.g. to display of the contents on the portal),
- for processing and duplication, as far as this is necessary for the provision or publication of the respective contents, and
- to grant - also in return for payment - rights of use to third parties in respect of your contents in accordance with § 14 in individual cases with your agreement.
If you remove the content you have uploaded from the portal, the right of use and exploitation granted to us above expires. However, we remain entitled to retain copies made for backup and/or verification purposes. The rights of use already granted by you to other participants in content posted by you shall also remain unaffected.
(3) You are fully responsible for the content you upload. Papersums does not check the contents for completeness, correctness, legality, up-to-dateness, quality and suitability for a specific purpose. You therefore represent and warrant to Papersums that you are the sole owner of all rights to the Content you post on the Portal or otherwise (e.g., by effective permission of the copyright owner) entitled to post the Content on the Portal and to grant the rights of use and exploitation as set forth in paragraph (2) above.
(4) Papersums reserves the right to refuse to post content and/or to edit, block or remove content already posted (includingcomments) without prior notice if the posting of the content by the participant or the posted content itself has led to a violation of § 15 or if there are concrete indications that a serious violation of § 15 will occur. Papersums will, however, take your legitimate interests into consideration and choose the mildest means to defend against the violation of § 15.
§ 14 Right to use content available on the Portal
- you may retrieve and display the content available on the portal online. This right of use is limited to the duration of your contractual use of the Portal;
- you may not edit, modify, translate, display or perform, publish, display, reproduce or distribute, in whole or in part, any Content available on the Portal. It is also prohibited to remove or change copyright notices, logos and other marks or protection notices.
(2) Your mandatory legal rights (including the duplication for private and other own use according to § 53 UrhG) remain unaffected.
§ 15 Prohibited activities
(1) You are prohibited from any activities on or in connection with the Portal that violate applicable law, violate the rights of third parties or violate the principles of the protection of minors. In particular, the following actions are prohibited:
the posting, distribution, offering and advertising of false, inaccurate, dishonest, misleading, manipulative, deceptive, defamatory or libelous content;
the posting, distribution, offering and advertising of content which constitutes hate speech, including, but not limited to, that which attacks people based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, political or religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender, gender identity, age, immigration status, disabilities or diseases;
the posting, distribution, offering and advertising of pornographic content, services and/or products that violate laws for the protection of minors, data protection laws and/or other laws and/or fraudulent content, services and/or products;
the posting, distribution, offering or fulfill requests for unauthorized copyrighted material (e.g. software, books, publications) or "pirated" or "cracked" versions of software without being expressly authorized to do so;
the use of content that offends or defames other participants or third parties;
Any unprofessional or inappropriate act, including by posting broad, vague, irrelevant, untargeted, off-topic, or non-scientific content, potentially harmful or potentially dangerous content, or by misusing the Platform and its features;
Any electronic or other collection of Members' identity and/or contact information (including email addresses, identification number or document, photograph, or medical records) (e.g., for sending unsolicited emails).
Employ any mechanisms, software, or scripts when using the Service;
(2) Furthermore, you are prohibited from engaging in the following activities, regardless of any violation of the law, when posting your own content on the Portal or communicating with other participants (e.g. by sending personal messages):
- the distribution of viruses, Trojans and other harmful files;
- the sending of junk or spam mails and chain letters;
- the dissemination of offensive, sexually explicit, obscene or defamatory content or communication and content or communication that is or is likely to promote or support racism, fanaticism, hatred, physical violence or unlawful acts(whether explicit or implicit);
- harassing other participants, e.g. by contacting them personally several times without or against the reaction of the other participant and encouraging or supporting such harassment;
- encouraging other participants to disclose passwords or personal information for commercial, unlawful or unlawful purposes;
- the distribution and/or public reproduction of content available on the Portal, unless this is expressly permitted by the respective author or expressly made available as functionality on the Portal.
(3) You are also prohibited from performing any actions that could impair the smooth operation of the Portal, in particular from excessively loading the systems of Papersums.
(4) Should you become aware of any illegal, abusive, contract-breaching or otherwise unauthorized use of the portal, you can inform us of this via reporting functions or please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Papersums will then check the process and, if necessary, take appropriate steps.
(5) If you suspect any illegal or criminal activity, Papersums may review your activities and take appropriate legal action. This can also include the referral of a case to the public prosecutor's office.
§ 16 Blocking of accesses
(2) In the event of a temporary or permanent suspension, Papersums will block your access and notify you by email.
(3) In the event of a temporary blocking, Papersums reactivates the access authorization after the expiration of the blocking period and notifies you of this by e-mail. A permanently blocked access authorization cannot be restored. Persons who are permanently blocked are permanently excluded from using the portal and may not log on to the portal again.
§ 17 Data protection
One of Papersums' quality standards is to handle the participants' personal data (hereinafter referred to as "personal data") responsibly. The personal data resulting from your registration on the portal as well as from the use of the available services are therefore only collected, stored and processed by Papersums to the extent necessary for the contractual provision of services and permitted by statutory provisions, or ordered by law. Papersums will treat your personal data confidentially and in accordance with the provisions of the applicable data protection law and will not pass it on to third parties. Further information can be found in the data protection declaration.
§ 18 Limitation of liability
If you suffer any damage as a result of the use of services provided free of charge on the Portal (including the retrieval of free content), Papersums shall only be liable insofar as your damage has arisen as a result of the contractual use of the free content and/or services, and only in the event of intent (including fraudulent intent) or gross negligence on the part of Papersums.
V. Other provisions
§ 19 Severability clause
§ 20 Applicable law
§ 21 Place of jurisdiction